Nahacky Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This guy is waiting for me with his mate. What do you think?

img_2504133_0_2f64347dfd1c2e76eba6994e5224bedd.jpeg

I think you should really not put that fish in your aquarium, but instead buy it and have it shipped directly to me.

Why would anyone put $500 fish in a tank that had ich?

They both go for around $125 online. I almost got a Golden when I got my Multicolor angel. It was around $75 at my LFS, but was warned that Goldens are apparently a lot more difficult to keep, so I went with the easier. To me, the cost is not the concern...it's whether the Ich was taken care of properly.

Oh no. The Golden wasn't $500. I put him in my other tank. I also have a very small multi colored Angel in the "ich tank". In fact, he is the only one who has it, but has been fighting it off. Today is the first day in a week that I woke up and she doesn't have any ich on her. I've been feeding them garlic. The Nahacky Wrasse's are actually $419 for the pair. That's the $500 I was referring too.

Wow...I thought my LFS had steep prices. They have not had these in yet (at least not that i have sen), but I've seen pairs going for closer to $200 online. Very cool fish though. Keep us posted on how they do.

Place in my old stomping grounds (lake forest, Ca) called Phil Your Aquarium had a couple pairs around the holidays for $200 and I think I've seen them individually at places like liveaquaria for around $130 male/$100 female.

Well that's interesting. WHat about these prices (in your opinion).

$250 for Juvinelle Male Fale Wrasse or $400 for a trio
$400 for a pair of Rhomboid Wrasses

For Rhomboid...$200-$300 each seems to be the going price on places like liveaquaria and bluezoo. I've never seen these in person, but they look beautiful in pics online.

Not sure what a Fale Wrasse is. Are you talking about the fake cleaner wrasses that instead of cleaning, actually bite the other fish and can change appearance?

The Flame wrasse trio deal seems good. Bluezoo has them for $600 a pair or $350 male/$150 female (so not a true pair).

Back
Top Bottom