Nassarius Snail Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RainSalt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my snail has laid some eggs all over the front of my tank. (Which makes me super excited because I love Nassarius snails) but I have a few questions
1. How long before they hatch?
2. I am guessing their changes of survival? (Pretty low I am assuming)
3. Is there any way I could scrape off the eggs and put them in a safe area to hatch and grow?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396410119.737919.jpg
Thats the best picture I could get with my phone camera.
But I google searched it and up close it looks exactly like this
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396410230.203900.jpg
In any case I believe they are Nassarius snails. Could totally be wrong about species.

I like the shell, trying to put a few different types in my tanks, could provide some cool decoration when they die of age

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396410482.352297.jpg
This guy I believe is a tiger Nassarius snail, and he has a pretty cool shell.
I actually bought a bunch of those type of shells at the dollar store. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396410581.247274.jpg

Very cool, iv got some Malaysian Trumpet Snails coming in tomorrow and black mystery snails (and a white one with a orange body, idk if you still call it the same name or not lol)

Ooh the trumpet snails are interesting looking! I like the shape!
Have you ever had snails reproduce?

Not yet, this is my first time putting snails in but I talked to someone who raises them. He basically just said don't touch the eggs let it happen naturally and it doesn't take but a week and a half or so for some eggs to hatch and the babies to crawl down

I hope mine just fall into the sand and live in there. Without being immediately eaten.
I wish I could somehow make their chances at survival higher. I am cursing the snail mom for not laying the eggs on the rocks.

Maybe... Idk tape your fish net so it kind of contains the eggs like a cage? At least till they hatch and you can observe them

Haha I thought of that but she spread the eggs on two different walls around an area of 12" by 12". Maybe ill just shoo away the fish (wishful thinking)- the fish will pick at it the moment they see movement.
Oh well, you cant win all your battles in an aquarium.
Like today I re-did my rock work so that all my fish have more space in the corner they like to hang out in - even though I cant see them.

Maybe just do it to one group of eggs then, that way you can save one, but have another group to test out if the net is even really needed

Back
Top Bottom