new clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got two, and I don't give them much. A cube of forumula 1 lasts me well over a week. You might want to think about more variety--I don't think either brine or mysis shrimp have much nutritional value. FWIW, I feed once a day, alternating good flakes and frozen food. They seem to be doing okay--they always act hungry, but they did the same thing when I was feeing twice a day.

I think the "rule" is as much as they can eat in a couple of minutes. If a lot ends up on the bottom, it's probably too much.

i give my two clowns formula 1 AND Formula 2 frozen foods.

on monday, wednesday, thursday, and saturday its formula 1. ( 1/6th a cube or slightly more )
On Tuesdays and Fridays its Veggie night. I give them 1/6th a cube of formula 2.

I feed my clowns frozen mysis, a pelleted food, and they eat Nori bits when the purple tang attacks his daily chunk.

I only had my clowns about a week now and couldnt get them to eat. I tried all kinds of things Formula One & Two pellets and flakes, chopped Krill, etc. and no luck. Saturday I decided to make my own fish food from the recipe post on here and they go crazy for the stuff. Here is what I used.

1/2 lb fresh shrimp
8 oz. can of oysters
4 cloves of garlic
3 sheets of Nori
1 or 2 cups of tank water
Since they didnt eat the Formula One and Two by itself I put some of it in their as well (Might as well not go to waste) Figured it will be additional nutrition

Throw it all in a blender pour it into zip lock freezer bags smash it sorta flat and freeze. Just break off a ittle piece and drop in the tank. Looks nasty smell worse but it did the trick.

Back
Top Bottom