NEW FISH!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marinelife

Aquarium Advice Regular
Lamarck's Angelfish

Genicanthus lamarck

2272004lamark01.JPG

2272004lamark02.JPG

2272004lamark03.JPG

2272004lamark04.JPG

2272004lamark05.JPG

2272004lamark06.JPG

2272004lamark07.JPG

ya I noticed the delic in the back ground also.Looks like a well established tank there

Not alot, from what I have read, this is one of the best angels to have in a reef, Books, internet, etc said it gets along with about everything including of angels but my half black is not to happy with him. Should have a nice tail once it gets older. Here is all it says on wetwebmedia/com: Genicanthus lamarck (Lacepede 1802), Lamarck's Angelfish (2). Indo-Australia Archipelago. To seven inches in length. Probably the most common member of the genus used in the trade
From Fishbase.org: Indo-West Pacific: Indo-Malayan region, eastward to Vanuatu, north to southern Japan, southward to the Great Barrier Reef. Diagnosis: Dorsal spines (total): 15-15; Dorsal soft rays (total): 15-16; Anal spines: 3-3; Anal soft rays: 16-17. Overall white with 3 black stripes on side; dorsal fin with broad submarginal black band; caudal fin with black dots, female with broad black band on the dorsal and ventral edges; pelvic fins white in female, black in male; a few irregular bands radiate from the eye in male.
Biology: Inhabit shallow reef crests and deep reefs adjacent to steep slopes. Form aggregations to feed in midwater well above the bottom; harems of 3-7 individuals. Feeds on plankton. Frequently exported through the aquarium trade (Ref. 48391)

Back
Top Bottom