New Fusion 20 Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really would like to put a fish. But I'm seriously confused about not having cycled at all...I don't have that much "liverock". I'm going to keep the shrimp inside for a couple days, I'd like to see the ammonia spike at least, and if it doesn't then I know for sure that my tank is ready for its first inhabitant.

Any opinions for the first fish? Must be reef safe of course!

I'll be picking up a reactor this Friday. I'm not sure what I'll be running inside it yet, GFO or carbon. Would it be a good idea to use 2 reactors, one GFO and the other carbon. I could do more frequent water changes to make up for not having a skimmer? Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ideally you'd run carbon then gfo immediately to extend life of GFO.

Also why in the heck would you want to spike ammonia if you already have a test-confirmed nitrogen cycle.

All the shrimp is doing is giving the established colony too much work to do and you're only delaying the cycle.

Understand what you're doing and why you're doing it.

I'm only making my recommendation because you said you have seeded media, and originally had .25 ammonia that is now missing and is not in nitrite form. If it did exist originally, it is now nitrate.

Alright so here's an update on the tank. Added a small clownfish, 3 scarlet hermits, 2 bumblebee snails and 2 nassasrius snails.

A rock with ricordias, small frag of zoas and a monti cap frag. I know not to add sps this early and even coral for that matter but whatever they look pretty healthy and my parameters are good.

Also got myself a mp10 and a minimax desktop reactor which I'm running carbon in.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom