New lighting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gozetec02

Aquarium Advice Activist
After going crazy trying to figure out what type of ligting to get for my tank i settled on T5 HO retrofit strips made by Current USA They were about 18 bux for a 24" strip. They make both 10,000k and 430NM Actinic. IMO 1 24" 10 watt 10,000k looks way brigter then my single 55 watt PC 10,000k light. The ones i bought were called Nova you can daisy chain them together and you can connect up to 13 24" lights. Since i put the new light in there my carpet anemone has moved to the lowest rock and spread himself out and is "soaking up the rays.

I gutted out my old 30" flourecent 20 watt fixture and used 3M adhesive tape to mount the lights in the old plastic outer shell. If you are considering buying new lighting try these out they are great for all type of reef and FO or FOWLR where intence lighting is needed. The LFS where I bought them from have had the same lighting setup i used running on their soft coral tank for 6 months and have not had any ill effects.

Also these T5 replacement lights are as cheap as $12 and they hold full spectrum for a year.

I just thought I would share my experience. Pictures to come.

I've seen them in our lfs also and considered buying them but wpg is wpg no matter what kind of fixture.

Back
Top Bottom