Phytoplan.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
Phytoplan.

I was reading practical fishkeeping today and i cam apon an article about coral foods and i noticed the 'Two Littles Fishies - PhytoPlan' and thought it sounded quite good.

4817250052B.jpg

"PhytoPlan is a spray dried blend of several strains of phytoplankton. The intact cells are not alive, but when re-hydrated they are a micro encapsulated source of color-enhancing beta carotene and astaxanthin pigments, vitamins, amino acids and essential fatly acids. Spray-dried phytoplanklon is a concentrated food, which is more economical to use than live phytoplankton and it has a much longer shelf life. The blend of three phytoplankton species provides an excellent nutritional profiler superior to any single spray-dried phytoplankton. High in DHA. Ideal food for filter feeding invertebrates that feed on phytoplankton, such as soft and stony corals, anemones, feather duster worms, clams, sponges and tunicates. PhytoPlan simulates food webs in closed aquarium ecosystems. Daily addition of PhytoplanTM promotes the development of zooplankton in aquariums, further benefitting filter feeding invertebrates and fishes that feed on small zooplankton. PhytoPlan is also a great supplement that can be used to enrich the nutritional value of dried, frozen! or live fish foods. Soak dry foods briefly in a mix of 1/4 teaspoon of PhytoPlan with two tablespoons of water Mix thawed frozen foods with a small quantity of PhytoPlan, which will stick to them. Also use PhytoPlanTM to enrich the nutritional value of live Anemia (brine shrimp). For nauplil, simply add some PhytoplanTM to the well aerated culture water after the Airemia hatch and allow a few hours for them to consume it. For live adult brine shrimp add some phytoplanTM to the aerated culture water, allow a few hours for them to consume it, and harvest the "gut-loaded" shrimp to feed to your fishes. "

It sounds good but doesnt all food? I was just wondering if any of you guys have tried it and what you think of it?

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom