placement question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My rbta finally came in the other day....I'll pick it up this afternoon. This is probably a petty question but I'm gonna ask anyway. When it's finally ready to put into the tank, where do I put it? On the sand? On the live rock? Also, how long should I wait to feed it? A couple of days....a week? Anyother tid-bits of info you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated.

I also lucked out and got a nice black sun coral....my yellow one is doing great and I hope I have the same luck with this one.

Thank you!!

When I had anenomes I just placed them on the LR where I wanted it sometimes they would foot and other times would walk to where they want to go ..... Do keep power heads guarded to prevent them from sucking it in and chopping it up ... I waited about a week before I fed mine ... then 1-2 times a week there after .I no longer keep them since they would just out grow my tank in about 3 months time ... You will want to keep your water pristine and also watch as he may split with the stress of a new home ...

When I had mine I would do as Sadie said. I would put it where I wanted it and sometimes he would stay but others he would move around. Congrats on the black sun coral. If your orange one is doing great so will your black one. I expect pics.

I have a couple BTAs and I can attest that they will wander where they want which is almost never where we want them. As for feeding, a lot will depend on how quickly it settles. Never 'force' an anemone to eat. When its settled and straightens its tentacles (They are inflated but no bubbles on the tips), it is ready for some silver sides. Make sure to cut it up small enough for the poor thing to eat. When an anemone does not want food, it will simply let it drop and you should take the hint. If it does eat, you can expect in a day or two it will shrivel up and look, well, ill. Its excreting waste, so let it be. When its all done, maybe later that day or in the next couple, it will resume inflating its bubbles or look hungry again. Its a vicious cycle! ; )

Peace

Back
Top Bottom