Pom pom crab lost both anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They can survive without them, but double check parameters just incase something caused the loss. Sometimes they just misplace them. Sometimes they find them again. It can be strange at times, but they can live perfectly healthy lives without the anemones.

They can survive without them, but double check parameters just incase something caused the loss. Sometimes they just misplace them. Sometimes they find them again. It can be strange at times, but they can live perfectly healthy lives without the anemones.
Parameters seem fine, hopefully he misplaced them in his cage wherever it is, it's hard to find the little guy, I'm thinking of getting two more I was told in case they lose their nems sometimes the other pom pom crabs will give them one and plot them themselves

My guy lost them and later found one, I saw the tiny anemones at the substrate just sitting there, the last one live a long time but eventually since it was tiny either got lost in the rocks or died.

60074-albums14597-picture71211.jpg

60074-albums14597-picture71219.jpg

My guy lost them and later found one, I saw the tiny anemones at the substrate just sitting there, the last one live a long time but eventually since it was tiny either got lost in the rocks or died.

60074-albums14597-picture71211.jpg

60074-albums14597-picture71219.jpg
I swear I can only see my crabs only once every blue moon but when I do I inspect then good,

Short answer is I do not know for sure as I have kept them in nano tanks only, but I would guess 3-4 as the floor space and rock work allow, if you would have plenty of places to hide and hang out and good (but not hard) flow.

Mine would move around the tank sometimes but mostly just picked a hidey spot and hung around there forever... waving it's little poms slightly in the gentle flow.

Short answer is I do not know for sure as I have kept them in nano tanks only, but I would guess 3-4 as the floor space and rock work allow, if you would have plenty of places to hide and hang out and good (but not hard) flow.

Mine would move around the tank sometimes but mostly just picked a hidey spot and hung around there forever... waving it's little poms slightly in the gentle flow.
My rock work has many holes within the rock so it's hard to see them but when I do I get all excited IMG_20190918_204827.jpgIMG_20190913_190705.jpg1568423604800.jpg

That looks nicely done.

Mine liked the lower area near the bottom (tank was only like 12" tall the other about 10" tall though, lol)

How many do you have in there now?

Last edited:
That looks nicely done.

Mine liked the lower area near the bottom (tank was only like 12" tall the other about 10" tall though, lol)

How many do you have in there now?
3 but I only get to see them once in a blue moon I did a WC last night and they came out as I was removing the water

I thought anemones were suppose to be stationary, are they just free floating? Do pom poms just grab them and carry them with themselves?

The anemones which were lost by the crab I had just kinda stayed in that spot.

They can "walk" with their tiny foot. The Pom Pom crab will snip/tear them in half to make two, and can steal part or all from another crab if they lost theirs.

Back
Top Bottom