Powder Blue Tang or Maroon Clown last?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KLN

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a Fridmani Pseudochromis and Flame Angel. Want to add a Powder Blue Tang and Maroon Clown. Both are supposed to be the last in the tank. Which should it be?

If it were me, I would add the Tang and then the Clown unless it was a tank raised clown (should be less aggressive) than I don't think it would matter which order they were added.
Would you consider a different clown and a different fish for your tank?
IMO both of these fish get to large for a 55 Gal. tank the tang gets 9 inches and should be placed in a minimum 100 gal. tank for swimming room all tangs need swimming room and the clown gets 6 inches.

Kaye

If this is for a 55 gal tank then I would add the maroon clown and not the PBT. The PBT should be held in a larger tank.

The PBT is a ICH magnet and is much too big and needs more room to swim than a 55 can provide. I would move more to a percula or another clown. The maroon can get quite agressive!!

IMO, having experienced both of these fishes in my time, the peaceful-er the fish, the happier you'll be, there are plenty of other clowns and tangs that'll work much better in your setup. Not enough said for peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom