Pulsing xenea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MANCUNIA13

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had this frag in my tank for 6 wks or more, and it's still the same size as wen I put it in, I've heard of people saying they grow like wild fire, an d some people say there like weeds, but how can I get it to grow??

You just have to be patient if theyre healthy and happy theyll eventually spread. I remember starting with 2 xenia stalks in a 20gal that didnt grow for the first 3 months and i just stopped worrying about it. About 6 months after i noticed that they had takin over half the tank. Theyll grow faster when you forget about them. There will be a point where they will just take off. After that point you could even cut them down to stumps and theyll regrow in a week.

Thanks our lfs has some in his display tank it looks amazing and the stand out thing believe it or not was the xenea just at 1 side moving in the water, so that's my aim for my aquarium. Cheers.

They can be sensitive to the corals around them. My Xenia grows like mad in my soft coral frag tank and my scrubber, but in the main reef display, my mushrooms kill it off. Xenia is very capable of growing like mad, but it isn't very aggressive.

Ok, at present it above my button polyps will it be ok there or shall I put it away on its own to help growth??

Back
Top Bottom