Purple Mushrooms taking over! Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kidkameleon3 said:
well aren;t you the *beep*, I am sure you did , but if he has o'plenty why not frag adn share or trade

Kidkameleon3 Why did you send me an email auto reply calling me an
A-hole? I was just adding to the discussion about what a boom this person has with those mushrooms. Ironic how sometimes we get in abundance what we don't need but others want.

I will be reporting you for your profanity attack in the email...... Thank you.

Just to add to this, I got 14 frags for $100 shipped from I guy I met which included purple and green mushrooms along with zoos and leathers.

Retail prices are just that, retail prices :)

um guy above that is mad and fish freek, ya I called him a a-hole ,but I absolutly didn;t email him.why would I do that.He has the thread to auto reply and it must have got my quote from th thread.

as for why I said it , it is kinda salty to come in to a thread where a guy is thinkig of giving away or trading a frag and blab on about how much tehy cost retail AKA what he could get for it.Be like me going up when you are buying a car and telling the guy he could get so much more for that ride.

FF,

I also noticed that when he posted it I got an unfiltered email with the word in it. Does the filter not apply to the email? 8O

I believe 1neondottyback's comment was geard more towards, "wow, this guy's great and offering you folks a great deal" and not trying to stear him towards selling rather than trading. regardless of his intent, however, your comment kidkameleon, was across the line. You can express what you felt as you just did in your last post, rather than resort to name calling.

Nevermind all that miscommunication stuff.. can ya ship some to UK????? :p

the word filter does not affect e-mail notices. and yes I know it was simply a message notification and not a direct e-mail. Some folks get those mixed up. The only reason I know it was i nthe e-mail is because someone was nice enough to reply to the message notification and I have the unfortunate task of getting all of the e-mail bounces and replys to my inbox. :cry:

You guys (or gals) crack me up. I am one of the new guys on the block. I came to Aquarium Advice to learn more about the hobby I have been in for 4 years now. I have always utilized my LFS to maintain my tanks as they are located at my business. I started with a 30, then to a 75 and now moving to a cadillac Oceanic 175 bow. First overflow system I have owned. All told probably will have over 10K in it within 2 months. That's just for the setup--No LS or corals. With that kind of investment, I decided I wanted to take a more hands on approach and learn as much as I could about the hobby. Hence I found this very active forum. I have learned more by reading these posts in the last month than I have over the past 4 years! I notice there are some extremely active members in this forum. The same ones have responded to several of my posts literally within minutes.

How great is that!! :p Many of the decisions I have made over the past couple weeks as I begin to cycle my new tank have directly come from this forum and the members participating.

My point is--I don't give a "diddly-squat" about the money. I do this for my own enjoyment and the enjoyment of watching literally every person who walks in my office and makes a j-line for the tank saying "There's Nemo!!!" "There's Dorie!!!". I would get a lot more mileage handing my wife the money and telling her to go shopping.

They love the fishies and so do I. I just have too many mushrooms and if I let it continue in six months I won't be able to see a piece of rock anywhere--just mushrooms. When I transfer my tank contents, I will do my best to accommodate all your requests. Not for money--but as my way of saying "Thanks" for your help and advice.

I'll need to replace the rocks I pull from the system unless someone can tell me a way to pluck these without destroying them. But other than that, I really don't want any money--Just the help and advice.

Forget the bickering, it's probably just a misunderstanding, and if it's not--shame on you. It's easy to make stupid remarks in an email but picture that person standing in front of you--taking the time to visit this forum because they have a similar interest as you do--kinda changes how you may view this thread.

Think about it--I asked how I could resolve this mushroom situation, Instead of someone telling me a good way to remove them, everyone wanted some, that's ok by me as it ultimately is a solution. I then respond to a couple members who have helped me with numerous questions prior to this thread saying "Hey I'll hook you up with some--don't want no money--thanks for your advice in my prior posts" It would be easier to just ship the mushrooms, afterall, that's how they were brought to me by my LFS. I just don't know how to detach them?

In summary, I would think most of us are in this for the enjoyment of the hobby. Granted it can get expensive but I visit here for knowledge only, not financial gain. If someone takes the time to type out reply for a question I have, I would certainly want to reciprocate that if possible.

This thread made that real easy as it turned out :!:

Take care and for all those waiting on mushrooms, like I said--They "ain't goin' anywhere" I'll be in touch

Jeff W
Evansville, IN

You sound like a great guy jeff and i couldn't have said it better. Hey let me know if you wanna trade. Maybe i can meet you somewhere. I will trade one rock for a mushroom covered rock.

I can;t beleive you have 10k in a set up , wow.What all you go in I mean I know my 55 w/ everything is getting to be in the high 100's but wow

Oceanic is very proud of their new line of cherry oak cabinets, pumps, plumbing, sump, etc.... I could give a breakdown but I'm not sure I even want to see it! :roll: Lighting is very costly also.

lol, ya the cabinets are one of the more expensive items.What kinda light you got on the new tank?

Ordered yesterday--ESU setup 3x250W MH plus 2x96w PC. All centrally contained in one housing, Ballast will mount in the lower cabinet. Really not a retrofit setup but will set under the cherry oak canopy. I'll try to upload a pic of this thing--Not sure how.

once you got hte pic instead of jsut typing in the box go down further on the page and select post reply it will have the full options list in it

Back
Top Bottom