Re-aquascape with pics and question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
Re-aquascaped on Saturday morning and the water is JUST cleared up (for the most part) now. Here are before and after pics (110 gallons - about 160lbs of rock including some new tufa caves for eel).....

Also, I took off the preskimmer box to my Remora Pro and now I've got that film on the top of the water that I've read about in other posts. I'm breaking the surface with 2 PHs. Will this go away? Is it reason for concern at all?

Thanks all... I'm very happy with the changes to the tank.

- Skins

PHOTOS . . . 1. Film on Water 2. After Re-Aquascaping 3. First Boring Aquascaping

Attachments

• liverock1_143.jpg
    liverock1_143.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 275
  • liverock2.jpg
    liverock2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 276
  • liverock3.jpg
    liverock3.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 274
Right now I have 2 clowns, a watchman goby, and a yellow tang. I originally reaquascaped to make the rocks more secure for an eel - snowflake or zebra, but I'm really digging my crabs and shrimp. I'm also digging going topless on my tank. So, I haven't made up my mind yet. I haven't added a fish in over 6 weeks because I can't make up my mind :)

Nice work. Just out of curiosity, what are the dimentions of your tank, LxWxH?

It's a 110 tall. 48x18x30. Without a sump, gas exchange will probably be a challenge with such a deep tank and so little water surface - which is why I'm a little concerned with the film on the water.

Hey Skins, lookin' awesome!

I couldn't help but notice your mag 3, I have the same skimmer/pump. So I didn't have to look at the ugly pump I removed the short tubing that came with the skimmer and put a longer one on so I could hide the pump behind my rock. Not sure if that affects the skimmers efficiency or not though.

Back
Top Bottom