redsea's 34g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redsea said:
Just a quick question.... How long do you think I should leave the lights out? The reason why i ask is because the light hasn't been on all day for my corals.:thanks:

I would turn it off for the night and just turn them on in the morning normally

Ok thanks everyone! I mad the mistake of turning on the light about 1 hour and a half after I put him in :banghead: i turned it off shortly after though. I should have looked at my thread first!

The B&W is doing well, except for that pesky six line wrasse nipped at his fins a little. He is still swimming and happy go luck though!:) Any suggestions for the wrasse? I'm hoping overnight the wrasse will get used to him.:thanks::thanks:

With the lights out the wrasse should find a place to sleep and hopefully forget all about the clowns by morning. lol

With the lights out the wrasse should find a place to sleep and hopefully forget all about the clowns by morning. lol

That would be great! lol. He is a sleepy wrasse, sleeping
already! I have no clue where he goes though........

Yep the wrasse is now where to be seen which = sleeping, which = not picking on the clown, which = yay! lol i just have one small moonlight on. The clowns are swimming together!

redsea said:
Yep the wrasse is now where to be seen which = sleeping, which = not picking on the clown, which = yay! lol i just have one small moonlight on. The clowns are swimming together!

Cool :) I'm planning on a 6Line. They have stunning colors

Cool :) I'm planning on a 6Line. They have stunning colors

They are pretty fish with cool eyes, just make sure he is your last fish in your tank. If he isn't your last fish, he could be aggressive towards smaller species. When I added my Lemonpeel he never bothered him.

Apparently my zoas fell over but landed face up. I guess the like it better on te sand bed! Can you see them in this really dark pic? Lol

Attachments

• image-1378353266.jpg
    image-1378353266.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 98
I am constantly picking my zooas up off the sandbed in my 20g. LOL It's my pesky emerald crabs I bet. Love them though even if they wreak havoc overnight. hehe

I am constantly picking my zooas up off the sandbed in my 20g. LOL It's my pesky emerald crabs I bet. Love them though even if they wreak havoc overnight. hehe

I think it was my Lemonpeel angel. I saw him pick at the little rock where the zoas were. Either that or a snail.:lol:

Greenturtle said:
You have a 55? I wanna see pics! Haha what is you stocklist in there?

Oh no you don't! Lol It is a huge work in progress and looks very bad. The fish are Blue Hippo tang clownfish and Niger triggerfish. Don't worry though I will be upgrading to a bigger tank.

redsea said:
Oh no you don't! Lol It is a huge work in progress and looks very bad. The fish are Blue Hippo tang clownfish and Niger triggerfish. Don't worry though I will be upgrading to a bigger tank.

Upgrade to a 125+ gallon tank for the tang when you do BTW. What type of clown?

Greenturtle said:
Upgrade to a 125+ gallon tank for the tang when you do BTW. What type of clown?

Ok thanks. It is just an ocellaris clown! When I bought the tank of craigslist it came with 2 clowns (1 died) and the tang.

Shot of the zoas. Anyone know the name?

Attachments

• image-954476590.jpg
    image-954476590.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom