Reef Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ashley73

Aquarium Advice Freak
How long should you leave the coral and normal fluero on for?

Is this a question about t5 lighting? Do you mean white light and blue (actinic?) if so, then I used to do actinic at 8am then whites on at 9am, then both ran for 8hours, white off then another hour of actinic at the end of the day. I also had cheap blue led moonlights so I could view the tank at nighttime which went off around 10pm. Hope that helps!

Is this a question about t5 lighting? Do you mean white light and blue (actinic?) if so, then I used to do actinic at 8am then whites on at 9am, then both ran for 8hours, white off then another hour of actinic at the end of the day. I also had cheap blue led moonlights so I could view the tank at nighttime which went off around 10pm. Hope that helps!

What if the light has both white and blue in it and you can run independantly?

Same answer, run them together - I am not a lighting expert (I now run LEDs) but the actinic light is needed for coral growth as well as white light or daylight. It's all about spectrum. I just liked to see the actinic by itself for the first and last hour because it looked good! Does that answer your question?

Same answer, run them together - I am not a lighting expert (I now run LEDs) but the actinic light is needed for coral growth as well as white light or daylight. It's all about spectrum. I just liked to see the actinic by itself for the first and last hour because it looked good! Does that answer your question?

Thanks for the advice..

Looking at getting kessel led light for my 25gal reef.
Any tips?
How long should it be turned on? Don't know much a out the light but it makes the reef look fantastic

Looking at getting kessel led light for my 25gal reef.
Any tips?
How long should it be turned on? Don't know much a out the light but it makes the reef look fantastic

Dont ask me in clueless

Back
Top Bottom