should i move my anemone??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackthunda77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just bought a sebae anemone yesterday, acclimated him and the dropped him in roughly in to front where there is most light. when i turned off the lights that night he started moving and this morning i found him in the back left corner kinda of squezzed between a rock and up against my glass. hsould i move it or should i let him go whereever he wants till he settles? also i have a maroon clown and i know they r the most adoptive clowns for many anemones in captivity, about how long will it take for him to decide if he wants to move in. he used to have his own spot on the right of the tank but now he seems to hover rightabove the new anemone and picking at food that falls into the anemone. good sign or no?? lastly i know its been dyed, the anemone, cuz its yellow, what should i do to help it recover. should i feed it peices of fish and clams?? till it gets its color back??....anyways thats what i read on here before so im just conferming.

Dont move him.. He will find a spot that he likes which has the water flow & food supply he likes. If you keep him on the move he might get stuck in a filter eewwww.. As for the clown mine never did take and thats something only time will tell....

In nature maroon clowns are almost always found with bubble tip anemones. (Entacmaea quadricolor) Mine took immediately to a bubble tip. HTH. Anything is possible though...

Last time I went to my LFS there was a maroon clown totally into his bubble tip anenome. Only problem was that the maroon clown was about three times as big as the tiny anenome. The funnies thing I've seen for a bit. Point being, both were for sale so I don't imagine both had been there that long. If he's eyeing it he may just be waiting for the anenome to pick a spot and stay there. Just my wild a#$ guess.

:drinking: Just remember the old saying--keep a friend close and anemone closer.

:lol: sorry, I just can't let an opportunity for a stupid pun go! What a great word--anemone.

*Puts his dunce cap on and goes back to the corner*

Back
Top Bottom