Single Anthia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beej, I wouldn't beat yourself up too much. I started with 6 Lyretail Anthias and now have 2 (had them about 1.5 years now). Sometimes it just happens. I've had fish that hid for a week and then came out and fed and we're fine. I have had others that fed immediately and then died unexpectedly. We try to do our best to take care of these critters but remember, they go through a lot before they get to us (collection, shipping, and the pick up at the LFS).

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

They are tough fish to keep so no real surprise or blame to go out.
Sometimes the money is not the price we pay for fish....
Sorry about your anthias...

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement..ill try again in the future. I would have loved to have a beautiful addition to the tank like an Anthias but this just wasn't the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok guys. I stopped at a different LFS tonight. One that I don't normally go to because the place has used gear literally sprawled out on the floor and it just seems dirty. But tonight I gained a little more respect for the owner. I actually got to talk with him a little bit over my Anthias. While he kinda blamed me for it dying it didn't really bother me because he showed me a few things around the store I never noticed and know my other LFS don't do. he had the exactly same genus of anthias that I bought before but he records on the tank when he got them and what he's successfully got them to eat. He went over compatibility and all the normal stuff we all talk about here. I felt pretty good about the information he gave me and have a new respect for his store even though you literally have to walk over things. It was also kinda nice to notice his tanks weren't over stocked with fish either.

I bought another dispar anthias today and he's drip acclimating now. I'm going to QT this one. Wish me luck.

Good luck man!
Sometimes you really can't judge a book by it's cover.
Big thumbs up to owner for taking time and actually sharing and thumbs up for you supporting him.
I pay more for my #1 LFS.
I would be lost without them.
We have support our locals!
Keep us posted and keep that fish fed!
What was LFS feeding?

Thanks a lot! And yes I know but every time I've been in there it's really not been a great experience. But this time his corals looked amazing. His fish looked great and he actually seemed like he wanted to talk to people haha.

Whatever he's doing now seems to be working well. But anyway I'm really excited about this new addition. It looks great in QT and is very active.

At the store he had the fish labeled received 12/18/15 and they eat M/SB/F for mysis, spiralina brine, and flakes. I also read a sign on a white board saying they try to get all of their fish eating frozen food before selling.

I'm very happy to report good news this morning. I fed the Anthias twice already today once at 7am and again just now and both times it ate! I tried both frozen mysis and pellets and it took both aggressively! Beautiful coloration and very active. I'm keeping my hopes up and feeling pretty good

Ok guys new update and great news here! The Anthias has shown nothing but good eating habits and health so far. I introduced it to the tank last night just after lights out and this morning it's out swimming and eating with the rest of the fish! Doing very well so far! Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom