Slow 80g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dbrown4u

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just bought an 80g tank, I know I'm gonna do a reef tank just not sure what components I'm gonna use yet, I'm open to any suggestions

Definitely go with a 36w UV, protein skimmer in sump, wet/dry without bio balls but with filter socks.

I am on my second saltwater with reef tank. This one is 130g. Don't learn the hard way like i did the first time around. eBay is your best friend. Your lfs will rip you off til your bankrupt. Just as an example, I got my brand new 36W UV sterilizer from eBay for $58 (including shipping!), but my lfs sold the identical one for $399.99 plus tax! Are you kidding me!?Also, live rock can run you anywhere from $3 - $7 a pound in a lfs, but I got 100 pounds off eBay of brand new live rock for $130 (including shipping!) Also, I bought my brand new water heater for $9.99 plus $7 shipping when my lfs sold the same one for $49.99 plus tax. Seriously, you can't go wrong with eBay, especially buying new!

Wow, that's crazy, I get my live rock from my lfs for $8 a pound, I have a 15g sw tank, I have notice most stores try to rip you off, I went to one store asked how much a light was, she said $250, I told her I saw the same light at another store and she old me she'd give it to me for $195. I started going to this one place I found and he's reasonable, I call him about stuff at other stores and he'll tell me if they're ripping me off(which is most of the time) so I'll check eBay then go see his prices, cause he even tells me to check eBay about stuff he doesn't have in the store, I just want to make sure I'm buying the right stuff

Back
Top Bottom