Small nem is a pig..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thought rid piece if scallop was to large after serving... But the animal was not gonna give up.. Before and after pics.. Lol

image-419395949.jpg

image-428988342.jpg

large pieces of food can stress an anemone out. I know mine will take just about any size food into its "stomach" completely but it will spit it out after a short time because its too big and my nem is about 8-10" in diameter. I feed it a small silverside now but when it was smaller i had to only feed it bite size pieces or it would spit it back out.

Thanks but this one digested "the whole thing" lol.... Will probably be pooping for a week..
Rest assured, I won't make that mistake again...
Really awesome creatures... Loves the metal halide....

First off they never need fed if you have the right conditions and proper lighting, second off, they expend a large amount of energy to digest food, that's why they feed off of high lighting, it uses no energy, you can kill them feeding them chucks of food

Good to know, but luckily this ones not going to die.... Actually looks really happy after that feast...and you do realize they can and do trap and consume large fish when they can?Lol

never feed nems, one thing I have noticed, (this pict is from when I first switched to led's) now that they have been under led's for a few months, their tentacles are bigger and puffier but only on the rbta and not on the gbta. Will have to get a after picture

Back
Top Bottom