hey hi hello there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lalystar42

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm Laly, pretty much a newbie to fish keeping. got a bit of interest into the hobby coz i kept seeing some youtubers popping up on my feed with some terrariums at first, then paludariums and then aquariums. when i saw those i kept thinking like. yeah, that could be fun, so here i am.

Got a 15 gallon tank, gonna try a walstad like method for a small community tank on my desk. (Got a pretty sizable desk). As for the community, I'm thinking of endlers, otocinclus, neocaridina and a couple of nerite snails. maybe also introducing a single betta after a while.

Currently the tank has been set up for a week with substrate (pond soil, sand, 2-3mm gravel) bout 12 gallons of water, monte carlo, juncus repens, tax. barbieri, egeria densa, duckweed, frogbit and a couple of sprigs of monstera that are currently rooting in the tank as ripariums. also trying for anubias nana petite bonsai (bought 1, cut it in 5 pieces, 3 parts had a rather large biofilm after 2 days, pulled them out and am growing them emersed in a small box currently, the other 2 pieces seem to be doing fine in the tank) and I've got a piece of some kind of aquatic plant that i can't identify, it snuck in with the bag that held 3 zebra nerite snails, (was just 2 leaves and a tiny bit of stem at the time, after a week it's grown to 4 leaves and two tiny roots, seems to be some kind of stem plant I reckon)
Gonna buy a couple of endlers tomorrow, from a local breeder, might also get a few more plants as well.

still not sure if i should put the fishies through quarantine...

But oh well.. so yeah that's me and my up and coming tank.

oh.. right.. why am i here on this forum? i haven't the foggiest xD came across it and figured it might be nice to find some fishkeepers to talk to xD

tnx Aiken!
Still trying to get a general feel for navigating this forum, but I'll probably post something about my aquarium journey somewhere in here

Back
Top Bottom