Starry blenny problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly couldnt agree more. Took the words right out of my mouth. In addition to what he just said, i would like to adress what you said about taking them out of the ocean and us never having a tank big enough. You pretty much co tradicted yourself there because your tank is WAY too small for those fish. And sure, our tanks will never be big enough, but we could al least give them the most space we can, and your tank really isnt cutting it. A 125 gallon tank would be OK

Thanks! I'm actually a girl btw. We are just suggesting advice and solutions, AwfulArabella, and if you don't want to take it, then go ahead. I hope everything works out fine. Since you don't want to get rid of any of your other fish and your blenny is still aggressive, then maybe the only solution you're willing to consider is taking the blenny out. Maybe the reason why your brother had luck w/ such a large stock was frequent water changes or something. I hope I'm not coming off as rude or condescending, I really wish the best, and if you have problems in the future, maybe you'll look back at this thread and take action. :)

I no and I do appreciate i and trust ne a big tank is in the near future, but i really trust the guys I go to and I no for a fact it's not about money when I lost my fish he replaced them and gave me that uv filter system and more , he didn't care one they got better, I wasn't being rude either I hope I didn't sound rude I no my blenny is a bugger but I couldn't get rid of him, id say keeping on top of the water changes does a lot for them, hopefully everything will keep going good for my fishes :) but seriously I've been trying to find out for ages what's the story with my filefish and foxface ? Haha there legit in love mind me asking what you gave in your tank ?

They arent in love at all. When the foxface sleeps its in a trance, and it may drift or just stay in one spot all night. My fox sleeps super clise to my marine betta, but its just a coincidence

No but even if they get a fright they hide together there as weird like if foxface moves when he sleeps file fish will notice and quickly move to him and In the pic I posted there side by side no gap I laughed so hard the first time I saw them like that, I l I've marine bettas but I hear they eat fish while there sleeping ?

If you don't want to get rid of him...hmm, maybe put him in a QT tank if you have one or rearrange the rocks so that he loses authority and needs to reclaim his territory. Maybe putting him in a nesting box setup would have the same effect. This would cause stress, but it's the only thing else I can think of. Haha that's one strange "relationship" and I don't know what to say about that. Don't mind at all, I have a 70 gallon w/ a clown, chromis, cleaner shrimp purple firefish, McCosker's Flasher Wrasse, yasha goby & candy stripe pistol shrimp pair, and some corals. I just added 3 of the fish yesterday and all is well. I'm still planning to get a midas blenny, tomini tang, and maybe a basslet or two banggai cardinals, but I'm stocking slowly. Taking it slow and steady like everyone has been saying :)

There are some weird relationships in my tank hahah my sand sifting goby and blenny constantly spit sand at each other if someone is gonna get odd ball fish it's me, very nice havta say tomini tangs are as sweet they just do there own thing I love mine I like the Midas blennys I think blennys have great personalities there good to watch

I have a spare tank might get that up and running he seems to be doing better tang is doing well now all I need Is for him to leave foxface alone

Back
Top Bottom