Tank Upgrade, Utilizing my old tank liverock, live sand and equipment.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shejmnz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, I am kinda need advise from you out there for my plan. I have my existing 50g with some corals, fishes and inverts. My new 150 DT with 50 sump tank will be arriving this August and my plan is to cycle my new tank using new livesand and rockscapes(already cured) and some from my old tank(opd liverock to undergo cleaning/cooking prior to move in. Is it ok to remove the old rocks without affecting my livestocks and water quality and can survive until they moved to the new tank upon cycling in about 1.5 mos. to 2 mos.?

Also, what would be the best timing since I also plan on moving old live sand to my new sump. I was thinking of upon completely moving livestocks from old to new(cycled tank), I will wash the old livesand ang put that in a cycled tank. Will the addition affect completing the cycling? Can the addition resulted in the recycling again?

Thank you and hoping on your assistance and comments.

I wouldn’t move any of the old sand over, since it’s full of gunk, and simply move over the old rock. It’ll have enough beneficial bacteria to keep things going without issue.

Back
Top Bottom