Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its about 4" from the top now - It's on the highest rock I have in the tank to be honest. I actually added a rock to lift it up when I added it.

I was thinking if it was bleaching it was getting too MUCH light!

As far as flow, it gets indirect flow about 3" away from a Koralia 750 and direct flow from the other side of the tank 20" away from the other 750.

The polyps that are extended and the birdsnest, within inches, are constantly blowing around.

Is it bleaching out on the back side where the lights don't shine on it also I have read that the food coral frenzy is the best to feed so you can try that food to see if it will help

I've been feeding phyto feast lately and all corals other than that look great. It actually directly under the light so it's equally lit, the front half is bleached.

I have a elkhorn that has partly bleached. I think it is at war with the soft corals next to it. It improves when I change my carbon filter out.

Pics are here for acro and new additions. Where the light is reflecting brightly on acro is where it is bleached.

Yikes... Don't have a phosphate test! Looks like BRS is getting an order for the Hanna!

I bought the calcium one but you need distiller water for the test and I haven't got any yet...

If you thinks it's from the light, try lowering it a little but still have the good flow on it

I'm not sure what its from... but I'll try. My Radion will be here on Tuesday and then it's a whole new ballgame!

Also, I was planning on getting the (2) MP10's finally for the tank. Then hoping I'll have more than enough flow.

Love, love, love my Ecotech Radion. I don't think you'll have any regrets. I love your tank and am looking forward to the day that I can upgrade from my 30 g rimless to say a 75 gallon

Playing around yesterday, trying to take a decent picture with my real camera. I got a few decent ones, but the rest are terrible.

My camera has an Aquarium setting, but I think it makes it worse... :banghead:

Also, in my next post is going to be my first crappy iPhone video uploaded on Youtube. Finally made an account.

Your tank makes me extremely jealous. My empty 110 sits in the dining room and stares me in the face constantly.

That's exactly how I felt watching these other guys building their tanks... I've gone quick, but honestly, I've made some big mistakes and lost my fair share of livestock.

All in all though, its finally coming together. Thanks for the compliments. I'm going to try to upload a video next.

See if you guys can see this. It's my first try at uploading a silly video I took yesterday. It starts with my new DIY top and then showcases some of my tank mates.

Back
Top Bottom