To Add Copper Or Not???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got the fatest/biggest saddleback clown I have ever seen yesterday. I acclimated him to the qt and will watch him for a while. As many of you know I have just taken my fish out of qt from ich, and all is well. I was thinking about dosing the qt with copper/cupramine and treating the fish to be safe. What do you all think about this?

Thanks.

I never really like to treat fish unless it is necessary. Clowns typically handle Cuppramine very well, so it's not as big of an issue with this fish.

That being said, I had the same ich issue as you did. I had to remove all the fish, leave the tank fallow, etc, etc. Because of this I want to take every precaution to ensure the health of that tank. I have been leaving fish in QT for up to 6 weeks just to be sure.

tripper

Ya I was going for 8 weeks, but I went ahead and put them back in the main after 6 weeks and 1 day....... The new clown seems to maybe have a little spot of loose skin under his chin.... :?

I, too have just added my fish back to the main after leaving fallow for six weeks due to ich. I'm with you, Rev.....especially a clown could carry ich and not show signs of it. So if that's the case, you put him in your main, and boom....everybody gets it. I know with my ich outbreak, my clown was the only fish to never even show signs of it! Everybody else died. I know lots of folks on here are gonna say not to treat prophylactically, but in this case I would. Just my .02

Ya I am seriously considering it. Heck if they can take it while their sick, they should be able to do better while healthy right......

Back
Top Bottom