Tons of hitchhikers on my LR!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got 40 more lbs of LR and 10lbs of live sand from Liverocks.com. In the LR so far I found 6 crabs(5 of which were already dead), a pistol shrimp, 2 tiny mantis shrimp, an anenome, probably 7 or 8 feather dusters, 5-6 snails, a tiny brittle star, various worms and other little creatures. I got mixed coral and regular rock, looked nice with mostly light pink coraline growth. Just thought I'd let anyone know who is thinking of ordering from them.

Bearfan said:
Just wait too, I keep finding more stuff in my LR as time goes by.

Yeah, that's how my first shipment was. There more I look at my aquarium the more stuff I find, it's great!! I spend soooo much time just staring at them.

I'm not 100% sure what I'll do with the mantis shrimp, they are in my 10g Q tank with my 2 outkast urchins for the moment. I may be giving them away?

Just curious what are the adverse affects of keeping the mantis shrimps? Sounds like they may not be entirely reef safe. Just wondering haven't kept shrimp before. TIA

utahcutter said:
Just curious what are the adverse affects of keeping the mantis shrimps? Sounds like they may not be entirely reef safe. Just wondering haven't kept shrimp before. TIA

According to some they are "capable" of breaking an aquarium when they strike, however I've never heard of it happening to anyone. Also they will eat crabs/snails but busting the shell. I don't think they'd eat corals or fish but I'm not 100% sure.

Hey
Chris: Happy the rock went well to you, no trouble this time i bet ;)

About the mantis, we have found that the mantis that come from the gulf and keys tend to be much less aggressive then the ones from Fiji and the marshal islands. The diver keeps mantis he finds in his reef tank he just remembers to feed them their frozen food. Mike the diver handles all rock by hand and has NEVER had a problem with a mantis.
Zack
www.liverocks.com

Zack said:
Hey
Chris: Happy the rock went well to you, no trouble this time i bet ;)

Lol, no probems this time, everytime when totally smooth!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom