Turning a PC fixture into a retro??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kae_shields

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a CSL PC fixture over my 65 gal aquarium but I can't place my hood over top because the fixture is a bit to long. I was wondering if anyone has had any success or has any suggestions on disassembling a PC fixture and making it more of a retro fit inside a canopy?

I am about to do just that with my tank. I have had to replace the ballast in my fixture, so I'm positive that I can accomplish this. What questions do you have?

I wasn't sure if I could buy waterproof sockets (I think they make them for VHO and MH) without having to buy a whole new retro kit. I also wasn't sure if I could use different socket ends with my Custom SeaLife ballast that currently supports 2x96w bulbs. Also, are there any precautions I should take in protecting the ballast and various other components from water/salt damage.

Thanks for the help,

Not usre about the endcaps but I'd place the ballasts somewhere outside of the canopy. Try wiring them in the bottom cabinect or next to the aquarium. This way you don't have to worry about salt water damaging them or the extra heat they will create.

BTW, I have that same light and need a ballast for it :?

Back
Top Bottom