uh??? phosphate problem help?!?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chabooky386

Aquarium Advice Activist
so how do i get phosphate out it reads like 9.0.... so yeah what would i do to get most of it out...

i have a 72 gallon tank been running for about a year now... and ummm my other readings are all good juss my phosphate...

Do you have a refugium? That would help the most. But if you don't (nor do I -- yet ;-) then the least obtrusive way (ie, without adding chemicals) is to do a water change. Not knowing your setup, it's tough to say for sure, but I find that a good scrubbing of my cc substrate will do wonders for bringing the levels back in line. Of course, I don't have any subtrate critters in the way either -- might be a different story if you have LS.

HTH.
Matt

Figure out what is causing the excess nutrients and stop it there. What is in the 72 bow? What is your source water and have you tested it? How often and how much do you feed?

the best way to remove the PO4 is to do several water changes using RO/DI water that has no detectable PO4 in it. What is your current feeding schedule and what do you feed? Also, you may consider trying a new test kit.

Back
Top Bottom