Watchman goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
The other day at my dads freinds house i saw a watchman goby and thought it looked cool and was very interesting what are your experiences with this fish and/or any special needs?

The other day at my dads freinds house i saw a watchman goby and thought it looked cool and was very interesting what are your experiences with this fish and/or any special needs?

They are a pretty cool goby and easy to care for.....they like to hide and make a burrow by flow so that the food sweeps by them....

heres a cool article on the yellow watchman goby

Yellow Watchman Goby

IME i had a couple gobys and they are easy to care for but are also known as jumpers lol

I have a yellow watchman goby, he's pretty cool. He was only yellow for like a month though, he changed to a grey color and hasn't changed back. :-(

But overall an easy and fine fish, gets along with everyone pretty much.

I have a yellow watchmen goby it is pretty mellow. They get along well with other fish. But there jumpers so I have a tight fitting lid.

My lid is good but in the back there were gaps for filters so i took a marble notebook cover,fitted it and taped it down tight do you thinks thats alright and is he good with 2 occelaris clowns,2blue/green chromis,a sexy shrimp and a cleaner shrimp along with a few snails and hermits also will he eat flakes and pellets?and lastly if my cyno bacteria isnt gone by the time i get it will he be ok?

They are pretty cool. A watchman goby paired with a pistol shrimp is honestly one of the things that got me into the hobby.

If you have a hole in your lid, they will jump and get out, I have lost them jumping thru egg crate

This is my pink spotted watchman goby. I had him for 13 yrs till he died just recently.

042.jpg

Is the yellow watchman a popular fish because if my lfs has to specifically get a fish that i want they will but they tend to be a lil more expencive

I had a Pink Spotted Watchman for two years and he was great. Moved the sand around a lot and burrowed a home. Never bothered any other fish or invertebrate I had. Sadly he some how snuck through a small hole by my light bar and died while I was at work. My sure you have a secure lid!

I love my Tiger pistol shrimp and watchman goby pair. They dig dens right in front of the tank so I can always see them. the watchman is very yellow still with bright blue spots on his body. IMO if I set up a 10g tank and kept only one thing in it it would be a Watchman Tiger pistol pair. In fact I am converting my 25g Nano into a 75g Bare bottom and am thinking about doing a 5.5g Nano just for them beings they need sand.

Cool now i know what to do with my 10g after im done using it to QT all my new fish!and would i need to worry about the tiger shrimp thing breaking the tank?

Oh i thought they both did,but dont pistol shrimp make a popping noise?

OniTweak said:
Yes they do. But can be loud but not loud enough to hurt anything.

Yes it is very loud. I have been woken up at night because of my tiger pistol snappin away. I cant say that it is non agressive though. Took a leg off my peppermint shrimp.

Ive had mine about 4 months. Doing great, got a couple of camel shrimp and the watchman goby has become their protector.

image-1221903145.jpg

Here's my Wheeler's goby......Eats pretty much anything I throw at him....

Attachments

• Goby.jpg
    Goby.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 424
Wow those are cool im prob getting a yellow watchman,do you think that he will do something like with ur camel shrimp to my cleaner and id love to see more pics of your gobies!

Back
Top Bottom