Weight question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IhaveNemos

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm positive I'm being paranoid :D

I just got a Hagen 77 gallon kit, which will be a saltwater reef and fish in due course.

My question is...how much weight can the stands take? I was fine with it until it turned out to be a " build it yourself type". I guess I don't put much faith in my skills and some chipboard lol.

I guess my main concern is my 3 year old running around, I just need to hear some professional reassurance :)

Thanks by the way for all the articles and info...it's been a wealth of knowledge. My first tank is finally in good shape...and I'm really looking forward to getting this one up and running (properly this time).

I would think that if you bought a stand for a 55 gallon tank then it should be able to hold the weight of a 55 gallon tank plus water and substrate. Of course live rock will add a hundred lbs or so but chipboard is surprisingly strong.

Well, umm you built it didn't you? saltwater weighs between 8.5 and 10 pounds per gallon not including the actual tank and lr and sand and everything else. It wouldn't be worth it to take the chance.

Back
Top Bottom