What don't I understand about skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blorkiemom

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, I'm just not getting something. I've got my EuroReef ES5-3 in hand and I'm trying to understand how it works--the directions seem a bit skimpy. Anyway, from the instructions it seems like I should just stick the thing in the sump--it's not plumbed in at all. But if that's the case, it would be taking and returning water from the same chamber, thus not getting it all. But--there's nothing in the instructions about connecting the venturi to the intake or anything, and most of the diagrams I can find on the web of sump setups show the skimmer in the second chamber, anyway. Am I just dense? :)

The elbow goes into the side of the skimmer and the other end connects up to the pump outlert side. Than the piece of clear plastic airline connects up to the plastic nipple on the pump intake. Than run the air line up the skimmer body and through the little round acyrlic eyelet on the side of the skimmer. Drop it in the sump and plug it in your done! Adjust water level in the skimmer by raising and lowering the water outlet tub.

Thanks for the explanation! Okay, that's what I understood--basically plug-and-play. So it takes water out and puts it back into the same chamber of the sump? I guess, then, that it doesn't skim all the water that moves through the sump on any given pass?

Back
Top Bottom