What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411084715.906955.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411084751.690249.jpg

Sorry the pictures are not the best but I just noticed with my new led blue light that this thing glows orange. The pictures won't show that. I also noticed if startled this thing closes up and hides. I have no idea what it is it came not the piece of live rock I got. Can anyone help me?
Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Could this be a zoa? And if it is my research shows they are poisonous is this true? Sorry for all the questions

Yep. Harmless feather duster

Could this be a zoa? And if it is my research shows they are poisonous is this true? Sorry for all the questions

And for the record, there is a toxin in zoas and palys. They vary in intensity, but it isn't really anything to worry about...just never boil live rock that you suspect they have been on. That is a good way to no longer be alive from what I've read. But from personal experience, I've handled zoas and rubbed by eyes afterwards. Only got a mild irritation and didn't even turn red.

Back
Top Bottom