what lives in the sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Regular
Couple nights ago i decided to check out my tank when it was all dark to see what goes on. I got my flashlight and started peeking around. Saw some stuff i don't see during the day, and one of them was some kind of anemone looking thing in the sand. There was about 10-12 arm-looking things sticking out of the sand, swaying in the current. Looked to be about 1/2" long or so with something on the tips of it, and it looked to be mostly clear in color. I was aiming the light on it while i was staring at it, and when the light was on it, it slowly started to retract in to the sand...sorta like a feather duster. After a little while it was totally gone, hiding in the sand. Every night since then i went to take a peek, and it's always in the exact same place, swaying in the current, and i don't have long to look at it cause when it sees the light it retracts in to the sand again. I wanna say the ends look like it has something fuzzy on the end? Anybody know what this is, or know where i can check for this kind of thing?

Maybe a q-tip sponge. can you snap a quick pic? Or some kind of duster, but they usually reside on the rock.

Maybe a spaghetti worm. They live in the sand and throw out sticky tentacles to gather food.

hmm, i'll try take a pic tonight then. It's really small so i'm not sure how good of a pic i'll get, but i'll see what i can do.

Back
Top Bottom