What price should I offer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My co-worker has a sw tank that he broke down a few months ago and now he wants to sell it.

It's a 40 gallon glass tank w/ a 10 gallon sump setup (skimmer etc). He's not sure what the lighting is (he wasn't ever really into the tank-gf bought it for him). I've asked him to get a picture of it but I'm pretty sure it's a compact fixture.

It comes with a stand too.....what would you suggest that I offer for it?

Depending on the skimmer brand and pump brand.. $200-$250 would seem fair value

It's always easier, I think, to let them set a price point so you know what you have to work with; otherwise, you may be setting a bar that's more than what the other party expects.

A new 40g goes for around $80 and you can get a new 10g for around $15. Find out exactly what else comes with it and you can get a better idea on what to offer.

OH NOOOOO!! We hit the 4 figure mark today with the stinking boat so I think it's only fair that I have a small frag tank to console myself.

I'm re-naming that floating POS --- "money pit"......Oh, even better yet "money goes here"

Ask $115 and see what they say. Worst they can tell you is no lol. At least its a bargaining low so you can meet somewhere in the middle if he's willing to negotiate :)

Score!! I got it for $100!!! Long story...(here's the condensed version) My co-worker has a boat (he and his wife live on the thing).....I gave him every stinking tidbit of info on the repairs to the boat....he felt sorry for me. He thought about it for a few hours and called me late last night.

I love it when a plan comes through!

so now can i buy some frags from you lol acan and others lol
Score!! I got it for $100!!! Long story...(here's the condensed version) My co-worker has a boat (he and his wife live on the thing).....I gave him every stinking tidbit of info on the repairs to the boat....he felt sorry for me. He thought about it for a few hours and called me late last night.

I love it when a plan comes through!

I'm still debating if I want a frogfish or a frag tank. I really, really wanted to get an eel but with that small of a tank I don't think I can. Rats!

I personally prefer the coloration of the dwarf's (mustard yellow to bright yellow) and their size makes them suitable to house small fish; however, a snowflake (Echidna nebulosa), chestnut (Enchelycore carychroa), jeweled (Muraena lentiginosa), ghost (Uropterygius concolor), or white ribbon (Pseudechidna brummeri) could do.

FRAG TANK!
FRAG TANK!
FRAG TANK!
FRAG TANK!
FRAG TANK!
FRAG TANK!
FRAG TANK!
FRAG TANK!
FRAG TANK!
FRAG TANK!

Don't make me say it again :p

You can have an eel when you buy another tank. One for the boat perhaps?

How about a frag tank with seahorses inside it?? Frag tank is a much better idea so that you can hook me up with frags :):D:-D:eek::p;)

Back
Top Bottom