What types of animals/ criters will i be seeimg as tank matures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Willyesco

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just saw a white worm bout an inch moving across the glass, and i started to wonder what else would i be seeing as my tank matures, also having my battle with red algae..

Cant help with the red algae as I have been fortunate enough to not have that problem yet, knock on wood.

As far as the critters I have tons of small sponges a few little feather dusters and some slug looking type critters. I've even had small corals pop up(white star polyps and green buttons) I guess it just depends on the rock you have.

I have some kind of red creature under my rock, but I haven't seen it for awhile since I kinda buried the area where I saw it was at. From pictures off the internet, I believe its either a brittle starfish or brittleworm (more likely the starfish since it had single brittles out of the pores in its body, not multiple like the one's i see on brittle worms.) I did manage to pull a bit of a tentacle off, but I threw it back and I think my hermit ate it

Also heard some clicking sounds last night, but it wasnt like something hitting a rock. I did notice one of my fishes near my heater, but I dont think it was able to move the heater. Hopefully I dont have a mantis shrimp :(

Back
Top Bottom