when you start adding ls and skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
well it appears my cycle is done after a very short while, im a little leary of putting any fish in just yet. how long should i wait? and when should i start my proteim skimmer, i didnt start it up yet i was waitin for the cycle to complete

The skimmer you can start running now you will have little skimmate but thats normal with no occupants in the tank. The LS you spoke about in the topic should have been added in the initial setup of the tank. Few questions for you though, what type of tank are you starting, FO, FOWLR, reef? How long did the cycle last and how did you cycle? What are your water params now?

sorry i meant livestock like fish i already have a 3" or so ls bed sorry for the confusing question

oh my cycle lasted about 10 days, i cycled with 60 lbs of live rock 45 or so of which was fully cured,and i want to add some corals and such when my tank is mature so it wont be fo and my parameters as of this morning are ph 8.3 , ammonia 0 , nitrite 0 , nitrate 10-15 cant really tell on the color card ,

with just the lr ls and a couple shrimp, the highest my ammonia got was 0.1 and the highest my nitrite got was 1.5 or so then it subsided

my skimmer didnt produce anything until after i put my LR in. After that its been sucking out brown gunk ever since.

that does sound odd for it to be done cycling already. if it were my tank i would take the slow road and just watch for at the very least another week and just see what happens. it would suck to get live stock in there and then everything going out of wack the next day.

Back
Top Bottom