Which coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easton33

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I am starting a frag tank. I am hoping to buy some smaller frags, let it grow real big, then put it into my main reef tank. I'm also going to use it to keep the frags I cut from my main tank in.

I know someone who has three different corals for sale, and I was wondering which one multiplies the fastest and will be the easiest to care for and keep alive. Mainly, I want something that will grow FAST.

He has green star polyps, some zoas, and green tip hammer coral. WHich one do you think would be the best?

Zoas and gsp spread very quickly under ideal conditions

All three grow fairly quick in ideal conditions but as posted above GSP and zoas grow faster. I started my tank about 4 months ago and one of the first corals I got was a small piece of GSP. It started off about 1/4 inch and is now about 3 inches by 2 inches and has really started to spread. My first zoas have grown really well despite my mistakes (trying to remove algae I lost 3/4 of them) and they have since grown back in force. My other zoas are growing like weeds and have more than doubled in about 2 months.

Easton33 said:
So I am starting a frag tank. I am hoping to buy some smaller frags, let it grow real big, then put it into my main reef tank. I'm also going to use it to keep the frags I cut from my main tank in.

I know someone who has three different corals for sale, and I was wondering which one multiplies the fastest and will be the easiest to care for and keep alive. Mainly, I want something that will grow FAST.

He has green star polyps, some zoas, and green tip hammer coral. WHich one do you think would be the best?

If you want fast multiplying and easy to frag corals go with zoas. Very easy to frag for beginners and most tend to be a little less finicky than GSP. Also a larger demand for zoas if your trying to sell.

My green hammer and torch coral grew and multiplied the fasted. I bough a one head frag of each and both have grown multiple heads and I've already fragged the hammer. I like the look of the big torch so I'm leaving it.

Thanks y'all! I was originally going to go with the gsp, but I started thinking about the demand and stuff... so now I think I'm between the hammer and zoas. He is asking 30 dollars for about 3 hammer heads, it that a good deal?

Back
Top Bottom