Which reef safe snail can right itself?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got jumbo turbos already. I think they can, but what other snail can do this? Turbos poop to much for my taste. Asking for a freind who's about to order. I'll get some too. About to order some nassarius anyway, but still wondering what else can right itself.

Nassarius are the only ones that I can think of that can right themselves, except for conchs. Snails seem to be pretty dumb and just lay there and succumb to predators if they fall over. I'm not even sure that Turbos can right themselves. Poor little guys.

Sorry, got distracted. Go with Nassarius, they do a great job of sifting sand and can right themselves. Fighting Conch's are great too, very active and fun to watch.

tripper

Go with Nassarius, they do a great job of sifting sand and can right themselves.
They are great for the sand bed, but rarely crawl on the glass.

I'm not even sure that Turbos can right themselves
None that I've seen. They're usuallso so heave, when the fall off the glass, they just get stuck in the sand and are fair game. No more turbos for me either.

My turbos right themselves all the time! I rarely have to right them. They work like the dickens to turn themselves over, usually coming half out of their shell to do so. Maybe I got the smart ones ;-)

Which type of Turbo snails? I have seen 3 or 4 totally different snails all classified as Turbos. I want to buyy a few more snails myself, this is important that they can flip themselves back over.

ive sen all my snails right themselves at one point... the nassarius seem to be pros at it since they are always falling over and off the glass :(

I ordered mine from http://www.reeftopia.com and got one of the algae control packs. It came with Turbo Snail [astrae], Cerith & Nassarius. I also got the red and blue hermit crabs and the emeralds I have from them. I was pleased with my order.

Back
Top Bottom