whos home just watching their tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting. I have a HO T-5 4bulb that covers almost my entire tank. It's as wide as my tank but has like 4inches on either side of it. So idk if I could do that unless 2 of my bulbs are the ones I keep on all the time. Think that'd work?

Or would that not give out enough light during the day? Or too much at night or cause some sort of problem?

Prolly too much at night, not too much during the day tho :cool: here's some pics... I don't really have a lot of room on my tank either, which is why I had to get crafty...

image-825027945.jpg

Sorry the pics are bad. I didn't mount mine on the side of the tank it's going length wise.

Attachments

• image-558047103.jpg
    image-558047103.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3281174885.jpg
    image-3281174885.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 88
Hmmm. I'm tryin to come up with some ideas but the light is for a 29 biocube and I have it on a 29 standard so there is absolutely no room except on the left and right sides of the tank. In the middle if anything there's over hang from the lights lol. Im just tryin to come up with anyway to make my tank look not disgusting during lights out. Cause all the rocks look brown and nasty. Instead of there nice pretty colors. And I see it quite a bit while lights are off :/

Ooooh!!!! That could definitely work! I like it alot :) I'll definitely look into that more once I get the more important stuff :) like the other set of test kits and some coral dip solution so I can start adding corals finely :)

Sometimes I drag my kitchen chair over to my tank and just sit right in front of it watching everything. Makes me forget everything else. Lol.

dlsrks said:
Sometimes I drag my kitchen chair over to my tank and just sit right in front of it watching everything. Makes me forget everything else. Lol.

Keep my salt bucket by the tank just for that reason. Hate bending over to stare at my tank which is why my next build I'm gonna have myself atleast a 42" stand lol

Went to the LFS and got a scribbled foxface and 2 honey chromis. Now am sitting with a cold beverage watching the tank and the interactions between the new and old fish.
Hi, Spoonman. Please look at my post.."New and scared about sump". You appear to have a lot of experience and I'm just now starting to switch my fowlr to reef and I can use all the help I can get...

Benamayer said:
I run a 12" 460nm LED strip for moonlighting...

It's a Marineland Accent light... Works like a charm I think :cool:

I like the show in the corner...lol...

Zactheninja said:
I like the show in the corner...lol...

Haha! Ironically caught a perfect reflection when I took that picture... I started a thread for moonlight shots with that pic, I thought it was a good way to kick it off :cool:

Mrc8858 said:
Keep my salt bucket by the tank just for that reason. Hate bending over to stare at my tank which is why my next build I'm gonna have myself atleast a 42" stand lol

I got my tank at the end of my bed so I can just lay on my bed and stare right into my tank. :) everything is perfect height.

Ooooh!!!! That could definitely work! I like it alot :) I'll definitely look into that more once I get the more important stuff :) like the other set of test kits and some coral dip solution so I can start adding corals finely :)

sorry im still new to saltwater... so this might be a stupid question but whats a coral dip solution?? and whats it for?
the moon lights on my tank are 4 small led lights. i might have miss understood what you where saying but if your looking to get now lights with moon lights. id suggest looking at this site.
https://www.aquatraders.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=52303
these lights were suggested to me for my corals and anemone and they come with built in moon lights. and they are cheap. :)

I think winters gonna be great this year imma ditch the tv. put on some robes, turn on the heater, pull up a chair, grab a chair, and watch my nutso male platy chase all the females around

Broke my ankle two weeks ago. Lots of tank time for me! Don't know what I'd do without it!

RedLeggedHermit said:
sorry im still new to saltwater... so this might be a stupid question but whats a coral dip solution?? and whats it for?
the moon lights on my tank are 4 small led lights. i might have miss understood what you where saying but if your looking to get now lights with moon lights. id suggest looking at this site.
https://www.aquatraders.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=52303
these lights were suggested to me for my corals and anemone and they come with built in moon lights. and they are cheap. :)

A coral dip solution is just a chemical you mix with water and then you dip your corals in it before they go into your tank to help kill any parasites on them ect.

Back
Top Bottom