Wrasse Selection Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been posting a ridiculous amount of questions about pods lately as I've made a green mandarin #1 on my fish list. My hang on back refugium should be coming in a week and I'm looking forward to increasing my pod population for another 8-9 months before taking the mandarin plunge <- better safe than sorry.

My wife loves the colorful wrasses. I know some (six-line) destroy pod populations, but I'm not sure specifically sure which one's to avoid. Should I completely stay away from wrasses all together? She especially digs the Exquisite Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus exquisitus) and the Yellow Fin Fairy (Cirrhilabrus flavidorsalis) - basically a few of them from the Cirrhilabrus family.

I'd love to get my wife a fish she actually enjoys, but not at the expense of my pod population. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks all.

- Skins

My Saddle Wrasse goes nuts over the PODS in the tank. I'm not sure what Wrasse would actually be safe for the POD population though. It seems they always find them one way or another.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom