Wrong food!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corty

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Skittish Yellow Tang, bold Firefish. Great tankmates, right? Well they were.

HOWEVER..

The Yellow Tang is much more interested in the Mysid Shrimp than his food, and eats it all.

The Firefish is much more interested in the Emerald Entree than his food, and eats it all.. spitting it back out maybe one fourth of the time..

I've tried feeding the Mysid Shrimp first, they both ate it.

I've tried feeding the Emerald Entree first, they both ate it.

I've tried putting Tangtastic's food in the side of the tank he was in, and the Firefish's food in the side of the tank he was in.

They swim past each other and eat the others food, while the inverts go crazy and flail around the tank wildly hoping that something will sink to the bottom.

I tried feeding Nori on a clip first - Snails ate it.

Tried floating Nori on the water surface - Snails ate it, and became the clip while Tangtastic grazed on it.

As comical as this is, I'd like to make sure they get the nutrition suited for them - any ideas?

Other than putting them in two different tanks.. I'm all out.

I would just feed like, seaweed on monday, mysid on tuesday, kinda like that. That way, if they both eat it you will be sure the tank gets waht he needs and the firefish gets what he needs. BTW, emerald entree contains more than just Nori I think, has some mysis and stuff too.

BTW, if you want some greens for Tangtastic, try spirulina flakes, my tang flips out for them.

I would go ahead and keep feeding them both the mysis. Maybe add in some krill. Go ahead and hang some nori for the tang everyother day so it can graze on it.

Tried Krill, but the only ones to eat that have been the inverts.

Will try the flakes, and continue the Nori.

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom