xenia on steriods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

9g

Aquarium Advice Regular
rasocp.png

is it normal to have one grow as high as 6-7"?

interesting. every time i go to a lfs, the ones they have are like 1-2" tall. i was wondering why mine is so tall and multiply so fast.

interesting. every time i go to a lfs, the ones they have are like 1-2" tall. i was wondering why mine is so tall and multiply so fast.

I would say that you are one of the lucky (or unlucky) ones that xenia is happy in their system. I'm under the same curse in that it loves my system. That is some impressive growth.

cool. the other side of the tank is actually the same as this but my mated clown fish takes it as their shelter. they never touched my anemone which used to be on the rock on this pic. i never saw my anemone again after the xenia took over the rock.

Xenia does not do well shipped.

That looks like the elongata variety. I'm guessing from the pic and length of it, you've got in in a high flow area. Obviously it likes it, but those stalks are unusually long IMO. I had stalks of that stuff where the trunks were as thick as my index finger.

What kinda lights you got over it BTW?

At one time I had so much xenia that I was selling large batches of it weekly to the LFS. Then one day, all of it started disappearing. I was still doing the same things I had done for 2 years. I went from having a tank FULL to nothing in less than a month. Very odd. It just dried up and disappeared. So be thankful you have it in your system. While mine was growing, I bet I made $400+!!!

I'm still selling it. I get anywhere from $8 to $10 per rock 3" rock with pom pom xenia I have in my tank. Used to sell the elongata too.

9g, you ok with that long xenia? Wonderin if you might like better it if it were shorter and stubbier. You're also gonna have to thin that stuff out after a while IMO. Then again with all that flow, you may not have to worry about it getting too thick. It can choke on it's own mucous I've read.

its fine right now. it sometimes get its fingers on the powerhead but shrinks after it hits it. does it over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom