YEAH BABY!!!! Talk about cheap!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottVinVA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, I just made my first dive into SW but no thinking about what I was spending here. My old roommate has a 55gal, with stand and some LS and water he said he would GIVE ME free. I just need to go pick it up. Its running right now but he is going to let me know when he gets it broken down so I can come get it.

Hot damn. That saves me at least $125 for a tank. I am guessing thats what a 55gal goes for used.

Now I need to start shopping...I will post another question about recommended gear.

Where is ashburn? Just curious given your a fellow VA resident.

If your close to me I can help you score some free corals as long as you promise to frag them when they are of ample size. :mrgreen:

55gal tanks go for 99.00 here plus 5% tax...but hey free is free..its the only way to go....you know the old saying "if its free, its for me!"

fishfreek said:
Where is ashburn? Just curious given your a fellow VA resident.

If your close to me I can help you score some free corals as long as you promise to frag them when they are of ample size. :mrgreen:

Speaking of frags, there is a local frag club a friend told me about. I think its a yahoo group.

I am in ashburn, behind Stone Bridge High.

Rocket2001 said:
55gal tanks go for 99.00 here plus 5% tax...but hey free is free..its the only way to go....you know the old saying "if its free, its for me!"

LOL roger.

The fact that is in use is proof that its good too. My only concern about setting up a large tank is that I rent a large space from a friend that owns the place. Shes a bit worried about an accident. I don't think she would mind the tank in any case as long as she trusts its safe ;)

Back
Top Bottom