Yellow Watchman Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deepbluesea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there. Has anyone ever had a yellow watchman goby in a fish only tank? If you did, how well did it adapt?

Cindy

Do you mean in a tank with out a companion shrimp?

I had a pair of yellows for a few months in a tank with out the shrmip and they did fine. Now that I have the shrimp in there I see them much less. As if they are not even in the tank.

Shrimp

Do you see the shrimp? How long has everyone had their yellow watchman gobbies for?

7 months with a pistol shrimp. I think I got lucky 'cause the goby sits in one of 3 holes always at the front of the tank. I see him 95% of the time. Very hardy too. He made it thru a velvet outbreak.

i've had mine over a year in a fish only 75 gal, with about 80-90lbs of rock, with a tiger shrimp goby as well, and and he's been doing awesome. just a wonderful little fish.

I've had mine for about 10 months. He and my scooter blenny are the only two to survive a severe outbreak of ich. I never see him unless I sneak into the room after dark. He's beautiful but since I never see him I hope he is performing some kind of service to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom