Ziggy's Nano Build (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the LEDS!!!

I'm going to be building a shield for my sump. The drain line causes a lot of foam and I'm getting salt creep on everything. I have enough acrylic to create a nice shield to keep everything in the tank.

Now to find some weldon...

Have your nitrites started dropping yet?

Nitrites are down to 0 again and the Nitrates are up to about 20...It's time for the first PWC....I've already made the new SW for that PWC and am just waiting for a day or two to do it.

I'll be ready for some live stock this weekend I believe...

Nitrites are down to 0 again and the Nitrates are up to about 20...It's time for the first PWC....I've already made the new SW for that PWC and am just waiting for a day or two to do it.

I'll be ready for some live stock this weekend I believe...

Cool! What fish are you thinking of? (Sorry if you already mentioned this).

Nice! I love Chromis, they are active and bright colored! Great choice. Are you getting blue greens or blue reefs etc.?

That's great that you have no algae so no need for a cuc yet! Sooooo many benefits to those leds

TigerBarbs said:
That's great that you have no algae so no need for a cuc yet! Sooooo many benefits to those leds

Yeah, I would like to try LEDS on a future nano setup. I really like those A1 Sols, I think they are called. I saw them on a frag tank at a LFS On Sunday.

I also really like the shimmer look LEDS give off.

Ziggy, which LEDs are you using? Thanks!

Yeah, I would like to try LEDS on a future nano setup. I really like those A1 Sols, I think they are called. I saw them on a frag tank at a LFS On Sunday.

I also really like the shimmer look LEDS give off.

Ziggy, which LEDs are you using? Thanks!

I am using Cree XP-Gs I build the LED system on my tank myself.

How does the power work for them like what modules. I know it depends on the number but.

How does the power work for them like what modules. I know it depends on the number but.

The LEDs I am using are 3w each. I can run 8-14 per driver. I have 28 total so 14 per driver. I'm thinking about adding an additional 14 LEDs. The controller I have for them will run 3 drivers.

So I have decided to add an additional 14 LEDs to the mix. I want to increase the light during the peak hours of my photo period. I have ordered 7 whites and 7 blues.. These will have 80 degree optics and will be spread throughout the heatsink to help deal with the dark areas I have.

My cycle is complete and I have done my first major PWC. I did about 40%. I will start testing the water tomorrow to see how the params look over the next several days. I'm seeing diatoms on the sand and some of the rock. Things are moving along nicely. If all goes well over the next 3 or so days I may add a few snails this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom