Zoa's close at night? And a few other questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked these up today for my BC29

image-611665957.jpg

image-3290889581.jpg

image-3789379179.jpg

And picked these up for my Innovative Marine Nuvo 8 gallon.

image-1156838719.jpg

image-3445583101.jpg

image-2033323865.jpg

image-1447438386.jpg

image-3840963648.jpg

image-733570523.jpg

Ok now the questions. In my BC29 there all closed up BUT in the 8 gallon there open. The only difference is the BC29 has a very very dim moonlight now and the 8 gallon's moonlights are very bright that they light the living room up pretty well, could that be the difference? I'm just worried because they were open when I put them in today and there IMO pretty nice looking.

Also I was worried because my hermit crabs were all over the zoas so I plucked like 5 off the zoas and put them in a separate tank. Also my peppermint shrimp and cleaner shrimp have been all over them in the BC29. I don't have shrimp on the 8g.

Should I be concerned?

Not one head is open right now in the BC29

BC29

image-2419855198.jpg

IM 8g

image-4019124859.jpg

You can see the difference in the lighting as well. I'm hoping thats just the case.

Thanks for your help

The Con

Last edited:
Yes they will close up at night when the lights are off. The difference is the one set of moonlights are sorta bright

JustinKBreen said:
Yes they will close up at night when the lights are off. The difference is the one set of moonlights are sorta bright

Thanks. I kinda figured that but needed to hear it from others.

JustinKBreen said:

Yep mine close to Convict.. no worries lol ;)

Convict2161 said:
Haha awesome I can relax now :)

Ya you got enough to worry bout in your FW tanks last thing you need is to start stressing your SW too haha

Mrc8858 said:
Ya you got enough to worry bout in your FW tanks last thing you need is to start stressing your SW too haha

You said it! My saltwater is my saving grace! And I was always told saltwater is so hard!! Man all the problems with my FW I was thinking of converting it to SW!!

:)

You and me both bud. My saltwater after finishing setting up has been smooth running with o issues other then a leaking sump I got used. On the other hand I can't even tell you how many issues I've had with me FW and cichlids haha

Back
Top Bottom