Massachusetts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Southern NH here! Any amazing LFS in the mass/nh area? I go to pet junction In somersworth. Also, anyone local breed dwarf shrimp? Im looking for RCS, Yellow, Snowball, or Tiger shrimp for my new 5.5.

I go to Krystal Clear Aquatics in Auburn MA. Bit of a ride if you're in NH but its a pretty good place.

Hi everyone. I was born and raised in Boston, and am now residing in NY for college.
I just wanted to post that I went to Skipton's Unique Aquaria last week (in the city). It's in an ugly part of town but easy enough to get to. It was the nicest LFS i have ever set eyes on. The tanks were sparkly, they sterilized equipment between uses (i've never seen that before). The salt water section looked really nice. they had a variety of fish I never thought I'd see in a store. Sparkling gouramis, licorice gouramis, microrasboras, scarlet badis, numerous cichlids, crystal red shrimp ($12 ea), red cherry shrimp ($5 ea)... Even flowerhorns! And VERY pretty bettas. The plants were not as interesting.

My only problem was that a lot of what I wanted was double the price of what I would see on Aquabid for fish or Petsmart for plants.

But I highly recommend you stop by. You'll probably see something that will make you very excited!

Hi everyone. I was born and raised in Boston, and am now residing in NY for college.
I just wanted to post that I went to Skipton's Unique Aquaria last week (in the city). It's in an ugly part of town but easy enough to get to. It was the nicest LFS i have ever set eyes on. The tanks were sparkly, they sterilized equipment between uses (i've never seen that before). The salt water section looked really nice. they had a variety of fish I never thought I'd see in a store. Sparkling gouramis, licorice gouramis, microrasboras, scarlet badis, numerous cichlids, crystal red shrimp ($12 ea), red cherry shrimp ($5 ea)... Even flowerhorns! And VERY pretty bettas. The plants were not as interesting.

My only problem was that a lot of what I wanted was double the price of what I would see on Aquabid for fish or Petsmart for plants.

But I highly recommend you stop by. You'll probably see something that will make you very excited!

Sorry if this was confusing. Skiptons is in BOSTON.

I'm from Grafton MA. Near Worcester. My LFS is Krystal Clear Aquatics in Auburm MA. I have a small (46 gallon) marine tank. Mostly fish and LR. I do have one finger leather coral that's begining to take over the LR surface.

I also use Krystal Clear Aquatics. Nice place and the renovations are making it even better. A little on the expensive side but worth it IMO.

I agree with the Kyrstal Clear Aquatics, they are a good place to go. A little on the high price but the people somewhat are more knowledgeable than the people in petco or other places.

daileene said:
I agree with the Kyrstal Clear Aquatics, they are a good place to go. A little on the high price but the people somewhat are more knowledgeable than the people in petco or other places.

Yea, I try and talk to the owner Roger if I can. His wife is also pretty knowledgeable. The staff for the most part is OK. Much better than some of the horror stories I've read about on this site lol.

I agree. Rodger knows his stuff. I've been going there since they first opened and I was new to salt water tanks. He helped me get started.

Anybody bought fish from Building 19 in Haverhill, MA?

I've just been browsing various fish stores, as I'm not yet ready to add fish, but at least the fish seem to be pretty healthy-looking and seem far better than what they have to offer at Petco/Petsmart! Selection of fish is not extremely extensive, but not bad, either. A couple of the people in the department seem to be somewhat knowledgeable.

Back
Top Bottom