Good local fish store in the Twin Cities, MN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MartinBlank

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think I have been to most of them, and am decidedly UN-decided.

Anybody from the Twin Cities and have a favorite local fish store they could recommend? Mainly I am looking at survival rates of purchased fish (freshwater) and friendly advice.

Thanks!!

I use A World of Fish in Richfield. Chris and Dan are the best. Everyone that works there have home tanks and they are all passionate about thier respective specialties.

My favorite LFS in the area are:

World of Fish: largest variety of freshwater fish

Aqualand: largest variety of ciclids and discus, good plant variety, large variety of tanks in the back room

Terre Quatics: best variety of aquarium plants

The only LFS I wouldn't recommend is Aquatropics. Virtually every tank in their shop is loaded with black bearded algae, their betta cups look as dirty as PetSmart's, and they seem to be more about pushing sales.

I agree with James about Aquatropics. They have been quite rude to me when asking for some simple advice. Their tanks don't seem much better than chain stores. I've spotted dead and sick fish everytime I've been in there.
Never been to Terre Quatics. Looking forward to checking them out as soon as I can afford some plants.

Back
Top Bottom