10 Gallon aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a 10 gallon aquarium and rocks from goodwill only for 3 dollars the tank does not leak should i use the rocks. Can i get gold fish with out getting hood,heater,the filter i will get so they can have clean water and air pump do i have to get all of that for goldfish

any input would be appreciated thanks have a great day:) :)

Goldfish get too large for a 10g. You could have a betta. It could live without a heater as long as the temp doesn't go below 70F. A filter is good because without it you'd have to do frequent 100% water changes. You don't need an air pump. The filter should aerate the surface enough. Bettas don't like alot of current anyways.

Another option is guppies...but you'd need a heater.

One goldfish needs a 30g tank IMO. Most of them get pretty big.

10 gallon aquarium

i know i can get more neons and just get the other stuff NEONS are my favorite :D

Bettas don't like current, but they should have a heater. They are happiest when the temperature is 80-82 degrees, and temperature fluctuations can cause finrot.

Re: 10 gallon aquarium

lovefishies said:
i know i can get more neons and just get the other stuff NEONS are my favorite :D

Check out Rummy Nose Tetras.... :)

Also, Cardinal Tetras look similar to neons, but a little bigger. :)

You might have a hard time with any fish with no cover on the tank. You could just fashion a cover with a sheet of plastic or something waterproof that will cover the top. No goldfish I'm afraid.

neons need a heater, and water can get stagnant surprising fast with no current, marineland, (makers of the bio wheel) suddenly cut their filter prices, (Makes me mad having bought a penguin 330 for $70, only to have the brand new penguin 350 model sell for $44) a 10 gal filter is probably close to $10

ok more like $15 for a penguin bio-wheel 100

(you can cheat buying filter cartridges, cutting the blue cloth off an old cardridge, sticking it back in the filter, and linning the inside with cotton, then buy a pack of aquarium carbon, put it in a mesh cloth, and toss that in the filter too)

however i do prefer the cardridges

Back
Top Bottom