10 gallon fish ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco11771

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I think the two best things about being an aquarist are setting up the tank and getting new fish. So I have a 10 gallon not being used and I am kind of tired at starig at an empty tank. I have a tetra whisper 20 gallon INTERNAL filter and was imagining possible inhabitants for this (I have a heater also) and was saying to myself nothing is going to last with that filter sucking them towards it, I may be wrong not sure. But was then struck with the idea of maybe a CAE and leaving it a bare bottom tank and the water level at 9 inches but with water pouring from the filter giving out a ton of oxygen
I don't know it's just a day dream but anyone have any ideas? I don't have my heart set on this so don't worry but like some badass fish that van be kept by itself and big enough to work with this filter?

a Shellie is a dwarf puffer... sorry I was wrong... I edited... lol

No, "shellie" refers to a Tanganyikan shell dwelling cichlid. Dwarf puffer refers to... you know, a dwarf puffer.

A CAE does not belong in a 10 gallon for any length of time. I'd strongly suggest scrapping that idea. You only have 10 gallons to work with here so you'll need to stick to small fish- meaning fish that stay small at adult size. Shell dwellers or a dwarf puffer are both good ideas. Do not keep them in the same tank. A betta, sparkling gouramis, honey gourami, etc. would all work too, just not together. Those are just a few ideas, there are plenty of fish that you can keep in a 10 gallon.

severum mama said:
No, "shellie" refers to a Tanganyikan shell dwelling cichlid. Dwarf puffer refers to... you know, a dwarf puffer.

A CAE does not belong in a 10 gallon for any length of time. I'd strongly suggest scrapping that idea. You only have 10 gallons to work with here so you'll need to stick to small fish- meaning fish that stay small at adult size. Shell dwellers or a dwarf puffer are both good ideas. Do not keep them in the same tank. A betta, sparkling gouramis, honey gourami, etc. would all work too, just not together. Those are just a few ideas, there are plenty of fish that you can keep in a 10 gallon.

Oh... then I had it right the first time... lol im confused

Back
Top Bottom