10 gallon stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOMA

Aquarium Advice Addict
this is my first post in a couple of months and i was possibly resetting up my 10 gallon tank and i was not sure exactly what i would stock it with.

plan a:
10 neons
2 pepperd corys
have a mostly black tank to bring out neons colors

plan b:
have a single gourami like a blue gourami, if not a gourami and single large fish with maybe a bottom feeder.

plan c:
any suggestions?

haha thanks,
joma.

Don't put in the peppered corydoras. They can grow large for a 10 gallon tank do dwarf corydoras if you're doing cories. I would do the first one. Or for options maybe some celestial pearl danios like 6 of them, and maybe 5-6 dwarf corydoras. Plus some shrimp! That would be a good idea. Also are you thinking of a planted tank? Once you start you'll never look back;)

aquakai, this isnt my first tank by far lol ive been having tanks for years now! lol i got out of it but i think the bugs back

Yeah kinda figured by how many posts you have? I was just wondering though, about the planted. I started with fake and now everything is real! I love the plants! So is it going to be planted? I always look at other tanks for options, I can never really get good with the planted. I have 3 tanks that are planted (all under 10 gallons) and am really bad at it so I was just wondering.

hmmm planted does sound like a good new challenge. thank you for the suggestion!!!

this is my first post in a couple of months and i was possibly resetting up my 10 gallon tank and i was not sure exactly what i would stock it with.

plan a:
10 neons
2 pepperd corys
have a mostly black tank to bring out neons colors

plan b:
have a single gourami like a blue gourami, if not a gourami and single large fish with maybe a bottom feeder.

plan c:
any suggestions?

haha thanks,
joma.

Plan A sounds good, except maybe juli cories instead because they stay smaller.

Plan B, maybe a honey gourami instead, for another single large fish another honey dwarf gourami, bottom feeder maybe snails down there instead?

Plan C: What about a tank full of nano fish???

It can get really addicting (like fish keeping) trying to find new plants and stuff. I have xmas moss, amazon sword, and some bulb thing in my 8 gallon tank, amazon sword is going to go to my 55 when done. I did have guppy grass but my filter ate it:( Those are some low light easy to maintain plant options. Java fern/moss is another good one as well as anubis!

bruinsbro, what do you mean nanofish?

and aquakai i wanna do a planted tank but it seems pricey and ive gotta start saving money for a car and stuff

Nano fish are fish that stay small (usually no bigger than one or two inches) and can be kept in small tanks, like sparkling gouramis, celestial pearl danios, pygmy cories, endler's livebearers, espei's rasboras, flame tetras, etc.

you mean fish like mollies, guppies, platies etc?
ive had platies and i have mollies and guppies in a 20 gallon atm

It isn't too pricey. I got the swords at petsmart for $2.99, and the moss for about $5 online. The bulbs at walmart for $3 too. Online you can find them for cheap, they can be a bit brown but they'll get better:)
As for nano fish there are: Endler's Livebearers, celestial pearl danio, scarlet badis (if you can find them), harlequin rasboras, and others like that. (I like endlers ;))

you mean fish like mollies, guppies, platies etc?
ive had platies and i have mollies and guppies in a 20 gallon atm
Not necessarily, because while these fish do stay small, they also produce small bioloads, whereas mollies and platies have big ones because they eat and poop a lot.

oh thanks for the info! i will most likely go with the neons with a mostly black, planted tank. i think this would show off there colors very well

That would look really awesome! Remember the camera to take picture to put on here!

oh i will make a build thread if i go through with it

Back
Top Bottom